Our EFFS Board (term of office 2019 to 2021)
Guillaume Fontaine, France
Anke Teraa, Germany
Ulf Lernéus, Sweden
Luca Tabossi, Italy
Stephan Neuser, Germany
Jordi Viñas, Spain
Paulo Carreira, Portugal
Dr. Markus Pinter, Austria
Ladislav Striz, Slovakia
Gunnar Hammersmark, Norway
CODE OF ETHICS of the European Federation of Funeral Services (EFFS)
National Funeral Directors Associations, Regional Funeral Directors Associations, Funeral Directors of funeral establishments who are members of the EFFS agree to respect the following professional rules:
- Ethical and professional relationship with client families
- Sincere respect for all the beliefs and customs of the families
- Right of the person(s) making the funeral arrangements to choose the funeral director and to decide between burial or cremation
- Right of the families to be informed of the estimated total cost of the funeral
- Complete confidentiality assured at all times, subject only to legal requirements
- Honesty, loyalty and integrity of funeral personnel in the performance of their duties
- Strict observance of all applicable laws, rules and regulations concerning the profession, both national and international
- Objective, honest and sensitive publicity
- Continuous effort to bring funeral professional knowledge to a higher level
- Integrity in the relationship with colleagues, nationally as well as internationally
Constitution of European Federation of Funeral Services (EFFS)
The establishment of the European Federation of Funeral Services (EFFS) was approved by administrative decision of the Public Security Directorate for Vienna (Federal Ministry of the Interior) dated 29 November, 1994, No. IV-SD/2136, VVM/94.
The present Constitution was approved at the General Assembly of the EFFS held in Düsseldorf on 25 November 2011.
In accordance with Article 16, paragraph 1 of the EFFS Constitution, the authenticity of the English version of the Constitution was verified by a certified interpreter.
Please click here for the constitution (English).